- More people are on Facebook now, especially older railfans
- You can share photos easily
- Mobile access to Facebook is easy so you're informed quickly
- They are very interactive and anyone can post
- RailsNB covers New Brunswick and is very active with almost 500 members.
- RailsMBSK covers the Manitoba-Saskatchewan scene and has become very useful to me and other Prairie railfans.
- RailsAB for the Alberta scene was recently created and is growing quickly.
- AtlanticRails (covering the Atlantic provinces) is not quite as active but sees pretty good traffic.
- Vanishing Sentinels covers the Canadian grain elevator scene and has some great 'vator photos. The dean of Canadian elevators, Jim A Pearson, is frequently present and in fact this group was originally to support his web site.
- The Canadian HO Yard Sale is a great venue to buy/sell model train equipment in Canada.
Anyone can start a Facebook group. I started RailsMBSK and cofounded RailsAB.
I hope these groups (or others) prove useful to you. If you like other Facebook rail groups that I haven't listed, please comment and link to them so I and others can have a look at them!
PS - I'd be remiss if I didn't plug my own Facebook site, Traingeek Images. It's up to 130 subscribers and growing. I post a photo a day and sometimes a couple. Please consider "liking" it. Thanks!